What’s a “Grovestand”?
In the good old days, citrus farmers had make-shift fruit stands, offering garden-fresh products, convenient shopping (usually just off the road), and all at a great price. When I was young we called these grovestands. Likewise, we only offer fresh, clean, quality homes; in great convenient locations; at reasonable prices! Our objective is to provide ‘hand-picked’ homes to families who desire to stay there for years.
How long can I lease a home for?
24 months is our standard lease term. Other term lengths are considered on a case by case basis.
What is the fee to apply?
$33 per adult over the age of eighteen plus a separate $2 online credit check fee (paid during the screening process) for each adult over 18 years of age. The application fee is non-refundable. We are aware that you may not have the money to apply to rent a number of homes, so we will not use the application fee unless we feel your application is strong enough to warrant a potentially successful tenancy.
Do you offer Rent-to-Own/Lease-to-Purchase?
This depends on the particular property you are applying for. If you are interested in a lease-to-purchase please indicate it on your lease application.
What is the Discount Renters Program?
This program is part of all the homes we offer and is ideal for people who enjoy a little gardening and don’t mind making small repairs. Each month that you keep up with the routine care of your home, you won’t have to pay the typical $50 service fee for us to handle repairs and maintenance. We save time and money by not having to hire lawn and handyman services, you save money on fees normally added to the rent by those other guys.
What maintenance is involved to receive the discount?
All the usual things that you would ordinarily do to maintain a home. This includes, but is not limited to: keeping lawns cut, edged and free of weeds; changing air filters, making any regular repairs such as fixing chipped tile and touching-up paint; caring for and generally keeping the home, garden and property clean and neat.
How does the automatic payment program work?
We simply set up an automatic monthly bank draft or check payment for your monthly rent. Your bank will make automatically mail check payments or process a bank draft, without the need for you to write a check every month. The service is free, and is the most convenient way to pay. Sorry, we do not accept credit cards or cash payments at this time.
Why should I lease from Grovestand Properties?
That’s easy. Just see what we have to offer.
How do you select your tenants?
We are focused on choosing tenants that will meet our two requirements:
1) Always pay rent on time, and 2) Properly maintain the home. Everything we do is focused on making these two things happen. So we make it simple, appealing and rewarding for you to do both through our automatic payment and discount programs.
Credit history is not as important to us as abiding by The Rules. We’ll do everything we can to get you in a home if you’re willing to never break The Rules.
So… what are The Rules?
- The Two Rules of Renting: a) Always pay rent on time, and b) Properly maintain the home.
- Renting a home should be an easy, simple, enjoyable process.
- Honest, fair, ethical behavior is required.
- Homes are a privilege to live in. Good tenants are a privilege to have.
- Tenants who always follow the rules should be rewarded.
Always follow The Rules. Your effort will be appreciated… and rewarded.
I’m ready, how do I lease a home?
When we have a home available, we’ll post all the information about the home on our Blog. Check back often, and when you see a vacancy posted, follow these instructions:
Request a viewing appointment of the home you are interested in by filling out the form at the bottom of the About GP page, then:
1. Download and complete our Lease Application* (link active when a home is available).
2. Mail the completed application and a check or money order (payable to Grovestand Properties LLC) of your non-refundable $32 application fee(s) to:
Grovestand Properties LLC
PO Box 200
McKinney, TX 75070
3. We’ll run credit, background and criminal checks on all applicants. If you happen to have a background blemish or bad credit, please apply anyway!
We’ll make every effort to work with you if you’re willing to follow the Rules.
4. Upon review, unapproved applicants are notified by email. Successful applicants will be contacted for a 20 minute phone interview. Following the phone interview, unapproved applicants are notified by email.
5. Accepted future tenants are interviewed in person to review and sign the lease agreement. This review takes approximately 90 minutes. Applicants should be prepared with the required deposit(s) and first month’s rent. Everyone occupying the home, including children, must be present.
6. All remaining applicants are notified by email that the home has been leased.
7. Move in and enjoy your new home!